Feb 06 2017
Are you interested in volunteering with disadvantaged communities in rural Morocco, live in a different culture among Berbers in High Atlas Mountains, being an adventurer in Atlas Mountains? Our program MSVP ‘Morocco Summer Program Volunteer’ will provide participants with the opportunity to experience rural life and participate in community development programs in the remote Zawiya Ahansal region of the Central High Atlas Mountains of Morocco. All our participants will have an impact, both on the community they serve and on themselves. They will feel connected to a new culture. They will learn, and they will teach. They will discover, understand, and grow. Moreover, they will feel the adventure at depth of High Atlas; they will go home different persons than when they left.
- Learn new skills through our activities (community services, discussion, adventure, cultural exchange, etc.)
- Cultural experience and self-development.
- Gaining new experiences and insights.
- Giving back and helping others.
- Creating connections with people.
- A sense of accomplishment and building career options.
- Expose to diversity and multiculturalism.
- Build relationships and “social connectedness” with peers, adults, and activists sharing a cause.
- Improve communication and critical thinking skills.
- Gain great skills to solve problems.
- Experience an increased sense of self-efficacy.
- Become attractive to potential employers.
- Enjoy excellent networking opportunities.
- Find a sense of responsibility and pride.
- Certificate of participation from ACP and its partner Amezray Smnid.
The participants should meet the criteria as follow:
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- All nationalities are welcomed.
- English language and/or French language.
- Commit to join full program (pre, on , and post program);
- Able to adapt new environment easily;
- Able to pay the program fee;
- Good health physically and mentally.
- Good communication skill and knowledge.
- Able to work independently as well as work in team.
- Organizer: Ahansal Cultural Programs ACP
- Local NGO: Association Amezray SMNID.
- Placement and Location: Zawiya Ahansal, High Atlas Mountains, Morocco.
- Length of placement: One week program, 06-13 August 2017.
- Number of people: 25 people.
- Accomodation: Dar Ahansal, a Berber beautiful guest house ( www.darahansal.net )
Program Fee includes:
- airport pick up and drop off
- Necessary work-related transportation
- In-country induction with a staff member upon arrival
- Pre-departure support from ACP by email and phone.
- Translators: English / French – Arabic / Berber, available 24/7
- Volunteering, cultural and adventure activities.
- All papers and certificates related to the program.
Price does not include:
- Travel insurance.
- Medical insurance.
- English, French and Computers teaching.
- Farming in local gardens.
- Environment preservation.
- Health and safety educating.
- Participating in a construction project.
- Historical Tours and visit the Kasabats of Zawiyat Ahansal.
- Meet, talk and interview locals and community leaders.
- Arabic and Berber lessons with Smnid trained teachers.
- Cooking lessons, Berber cuisine
- Tradional berber music, Henna party, feast at the end of the program.
- One night camping in the remote village of Taghia.
- Excursions with a Moroccan mountain guide in surrounding villages.
- Berber Passages.
- Please download SVP application form here
- Send the application along with scanned of identity card (passport/KTP/Student card) and color recent photo into firstname.lastname@example.org
- The committee will review your application and contact you to conduct “interview test” by ACP team (if needed);
- Deadline of application: 01 July 2017.
- This program is LIMTED for maximum 25 participants only.
To know further information, please contact us at email@example.com